Today, every digital marketing strategy revolves around social media. SMM is the process of building awareness of your brand and your products and services through various broadcasting channels. Initially, many marketers thought that social network was only limited to B2C players. But, the fact is that there is a ray of hope for B2B success through social media. Any social media marketing campaign helps businesses drive traffic to their website, increase visibility of their products and services, gain more social media followers and find more customers.
Today, the ruling social media platforms are Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube, Tumblr and LinkedIn.
We will now examine few social media tips that will help beginners establish a firm online presence.
- Decide the platform: To ensure B2B success through social media, you must choose at least two or three social media platforms. It is better to concentrate on few platforms rather than working on all platforms at the same time. A nice way to find out which platform suits your business is by analysing your influencers and target audience. Check out your competitors’ social media strategy too.
- Optimise your social media profiles: By optimising your profile, you increase your chances of getting more followers and it is a good way to boost your SEO efforts.
- Connect your website to your electronic media page: Once your social media profile is ready, connect it to your website or blog. This surely increases the credibility of your company. To blend the two, you must follow a correct procedure.
- Add social media buttons to your website: This will help your readers easily share your content. In the bottom left or right hand corner of the website, you can have the social media icons that you are on. As general rule of thumb is to have slightly large buttons so that they are visible.
- Share interesting content: The secret behind a successful social media campaign is the content. When we talk about publishing content, we always say ‘content is king’. This holds well in social media too. The ground rule is to share interesting and unique content. You can share blogs, articles, stories, images, videos etc.
- Do not overdo the posts: On a Facebook business page, you must never post more than 7 times per week. This will result in your audience unfollowing you.
To conclude, follow the rules and be patient and your B2B will succeed through social media.