For long, Facebook and Twitter were ruling the social media scenario. But today, Instagram, a photo sharing app has become a major platform for B2B product marketing. Many people think that Instagram is only limited to fashion accounts and B2C retailers such as Starbucks, Red Bull, Louis Vuitton and many others. If you are in the B2B industry and anyone tells you that Instagram is worthless to your business, do not listen to them. Today, the B2B sector is heavily using Instagram for product marketing and to target their customers.
There is room for both retailers and B2B brands on Instagram. If you have a B2B business and are not on Instagram, the below reasons will help you change your mind:
- Brand Awareness
- Relationship Building
- Public Perception
- Brand Affinity
- Reach New & Current Audiences
Unlike social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest which allows users to include detailed bio descriptions with multiple links to their profile, Instagram is different. In fact, Instagram only allows users to have one link in their bio with very limited character space to provide additional information. Instagram forces users to get creative and communicate their story through a series of photos. It allows users to tell their story.
In this article, we will discuss 5 noteworthy Instagram accounts you must follow.
- @Microsoft: With 35.8k followers, what makes this profile stand out is the high level of engagement. It includes both photo likes and comments. Microsoft takes advantage of the character space allowed in the captions.
- @Hootsuite: With 7k followers, Hootsuite’s Instagram exposes their followers to the company culture and values. The company puts pictures related to their team and ‘behind the scenes’.
- @Oracle: With 5.5k followers, Oracle’s Instagram profile consists of photos from company events and conferences around the country, while providing an inside look at what it’s like to work for the company.
- @Intel: With 32.7k followers, Intel frequently posts pictures of company events and conferences which help in providing users an in-depth insight on the company activities.
- @IBM: With 9.9k followers, IBM takes a unique approach to Instagram as their profile is much more personalised than the rest. The company posts pictures of their employees and also tags them in the same. The profile takes a tour of the brand from one office to the other. It also provides a sneak peek on the ‘behind the scenes’.
Thus, for B2B product marketing, Instagram is of immense importance. Make sure you follow these accounts after you have read this article. It will thoroughly improve your B2B social media marketing strategy.